Why there is water being present in the new pump head?
Fresh water pumps have to be 100% bested before leaving SEAFLO factory.
Our quality control team undertake a hydrostatic test for each pump.
Thus, there is residual water in our new pump head.
Will I use more water?
Not necessarily. Showers normally take less time since the additional water helps you rinse of
Why is my pump noisy?
All diaphragm style pumps have a slight pulsation/vibration. This pulsation or vibration, if allowed to transfer through to the floor or plumbing lines, will cause amplification of this vibration throughout the coach. Mounting the pump on a solid base will resolve most noise issues.
My pump does not prime/work.
Provided you have 12 volts and the pump motor is running, check for water/air leaks in plumbing, or a clogged strainer on pump inlet. Foreign debris may have entered the pump, requiring service of the valve assembly.
My pump cycles on and off all the time.
Answer: The pump cycles off because the shut-off pressure of 45 PSI has been reached. If it shuts off with your faucet or shower running full open, it is seeing excessive resistance (flow restriction) in the water supply plumbing.
Are there any ways to reduce system cycling?
1. Clean or remove the water savers in your faucets and shower heads.
2. Remove as many elbows and tees as possible at the outlet of the pump, and replace with approved flexible hose Look for restrictive valves.
3. Increase the shut-off pressure setting of the pump by turning the adjustment screw on the switch clockwise 1/2 turn. Note: We recommend this be done by a qualified service technician.
4. Install a SEAFLO accumulator tank to reduce cycling, keep water flow constant and even out temperature fluctuations.
My pump will not start.
Please check below
1. Correct Voltage (± 10%) and electrical connections
2. Fuse or breaker
3. Pressure switch operation
4. Turn off the pump
5. Take the two connectors from the pressure switch and connect them with a suitable gauge wire or alligator clips.
6. Turn pump on
7. If the motor runs and the pump is working as usual, you need a new pressure switch.
8. If the motor does not work, check your wire connections from your power source to the pump. Most likely you will need a new motor.
9. You can utilize our store locator to locate new pumps.
10. Rectifier or motor for open or ground circuit
Leaks from Pump Head or Switch
Please check below
1. Loose screws at switch or pump head
2. Switch diaphragm ruptured or pinched
3. punctured diaphragm if fluid is present
The pump runs when there is no demand for water. How can I fix this?
1. Purge all the air in the system and check for leaks in your faucets or lines. If no leaks exist, you may have debris in the check valve/switch or valve assembly.
2. Clean debris or replace the check valve or valve assemblies.
Can I replace my standard pump with a SEAFLO model?
Yes, you may choose the same installation mount and inlet & outlet pump. Details please check product page installation draw.